The decision to buy, sell or transfer a business is a major decision for the shareholders and entrepreneurs involved.
Kaufman Lawyers will be at your side whether you are acquiring or selling a the shares of a company or its assets, be it a family business or a business under financial hardship.
In order to best advise you, Kaufman’s attorneys will strive to understand your industry and business model before helping you to plan and create a legal framework for the proposed transaction.
Our attorneys will take the time to answer your questions, propose different scenarios and work in collaboration with accountants and tax specialists to optimize the tax effects of the contemplated transaction.
THEY WILL ASSIST YOU IN:
- Defining the best strategy (purchase/sale of shares or assets)
- Performing due diligence
- Drafting the necessary legal documentation for sales & acquisition transactions and related contracts
- Protecting the business owner’s personal assets from the company’s creditors
- Negotiating the best outcome for officers
- Organising and supervising closings
TO LEARN MORE, PLEASE REFER TO THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS: